What is Team Coco?
Team Coco is the ongoing fundraising initiative of the Live Like Coco Foundation. We are a group of athletes who are working—one step at a time—to improve the lives of all kids in Santa Cruz county.
The team’s 2017 season begins in mid-January with a goal of raising $50,000 to benefit the Live Like Coco foundations’s Birthday Books From Coco program and other local non- profit organizations that let kids in our community stay healthy, play, learn and explore nature together.
How Do I Join?
Joining Team Coco starts with a tax-deductible donation of $100. Between January and June, Team Coco will host weekly training runs and five monthly fundraising events. Team members are asked to support these fundraising events and raise an additional $1000 over the course of the season.
Be dedicated to your health. Be part of a team. Be a volunteer. Be the difference.
What Do I Get In Return?
- Twenty weeks of training. The goal: to complete a 5k, 10k, half marathon, or marathon
- Access to experienced coaches who customize training to match your level of fitness
- Official training runs in beautiful Santa Cruz county locations
- Professional clinics to discuss gear, nutrition, cross-training, and race-day preparedness
- Technique instruction on proper running/walking form, core strength, and injury prevention
- Discounts on professional gear at the Santa Cruz Running Company
- Amazing opportunities to train with good-hearted, like-minded people
- A Team Coco t-shirt!