What is Team Coco?
Team Coco is the ongoing fundraising initiative of the Live Like Coco Foundation. We are a group of athletes who are working—one step at a time—to improve the lives of all kids in Santa Cruz county.
The team’s second 2017 season begins September 6, with a goal of strengthening the community we created during our spring season, organizing for the 2018 campaign, and raising enough funds to complete book purchases for the Live Like Coco foundations’s Birthday Books From Coco program for the 2017-2018 school year.
How Do I Join?
Joining Team Coco starts with a tax-deductible donation of one of these three tiers:
Between September and December, Team Coco will host weekly training runs and five monthly fundraising events. Team members are asked to support these fundraising events and raise an additional $1000 over the course of the season.
Be dedicated to your health. Be part of a team. Be a volunteer. Be the difference.
What Do I Get In Return?
- Twenty weeks of training. The goal: to complete a 5k, 10k, half marathon, or marathon
- Access to experienced coaches who customize training to match your level of fitness
- Official training runs in beautiful Santa Cruz county locations
- Professional clinics to discuss gear, nutrition, cross-training, and race-day preparedness
- Technique instruction on proper running/walking form, core strength, and injury prevention
- Discounts on professional gear at the Santa Cruz Running Company
- Amazing opportunities to train with good-hearted, like-minded people
- A Team Coco t-shirt!