What is Team Coco?
Team Coco is the ongoing initiative of the Live Like Coco Foundation. We are a group of athletes who are walking, running, and fundraising to improve the lives of all kids in Santa Cruz county.
The team’s first 2018 season begins at the end of February and will run into June. We participate in a variety of events, from 5Ks to marathons, to support the Live Like Coco foundations and other amazing organizations in our community, such as CASA, Jacob's Heart, Teen Kitchen Project and more.
How Do I Join?
Joining Team Coco starts with a registration fee of $100 (or $50 for returning members).
Between February and June, Team Coco will host weekly training runs and four fundraising events. Team members are asked to support these fundraising events by donating 12 hours of their time. Kids 12 and over are welcome to join (and fulfill their community service requirements!)
Be dedicated to your health. Be part of a team. Be a volunteer. Be the difference.
What Do I Get In Return?
- A Team Coco t-shirt
- Personalized coached trainings to complete a 5k, 10k, half marathon, or marathon
- Official training runs in beautiful Santa Cruz county locations
- Professional clinics to discuss gear, nutrition, cross-training, and race-day preparedness
- Technique instruction on proper running/walking form, core strength, and injury prevention
- Discounts on professional gear at the Santa Cruz Running Company
- Amazing opportunities to train with good-hearted, like-minded people
- A chance to make a big difference for kids in the community